Social Storytelling • Brand Building • Strategic Communications
View or download Tim’s résumé.
Hello and welcome. I’m Tim, an experienced marketing and communications professional with expertise in social storytelling and digital brand-building strategy.
I formed Tim Haran Digital, LLC in 2017. Prior to that, I helped launch the USANA Health Sciences social media department in 2008. For nearly a decade I directed the company’s expansive social media presence, which had grown to 90 web properties and more than 750,000 followers/subscribers globally.
Strong storytelling is central to successful cross-platform communication campaigns and strategies. I’m passionate about identifying and crafting compelling, multimedia stories.
I did that first as a journalist and most recently as a digital communications professional in the health and wellness industry. Understanding audiences online is critical. I’m experienced in creating timely and engaging content that drives target audiences to take action.
- Brand journalism
- Social media content marketing
- Public speaking, live training (in person and via webinar)
- Online content optimization
- International strategic communication
- Video content creation/editing/production
- Community management via digital media
- Athlete, spokesperson promotion
- Content creation/management in a regulated environment (FTC/FDA)
- Interviewing, writing, reporting
- Wrote and implemented a comprehensive social strategy and worked to integrate award-winning social media campaigns into broader corporate initiatives
- Oversaw a social portfolio that included a 2,500-post corporate blog as well as dozens of market-specific Facebook pages, Twitter streams, Instagram feeds, YouTube channels, and other social sites
- Directed a distinguished team of digital marketing and communications professionals and collaborated to achieve corporate goals
- Helped build from the ground up the award-winning What’s Up, USANA? blog, a dynamic website with more than 6 million views. It was inducted into the PR News Platinum Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Identified and curated employee- and reader-generated content and regularly interacted with global audiences (with SEO and web best-practices in mind)
- Coordinated with key influencers, including celebrity and athlete endorsers, to create social content designed to promote brand and product awareness
- Reported exceptional growth in social media viewership and engagement at USANA and provided quantifiable analytics to demonstrate a solid return on investment
- Served as a sought-after corporate speaker in educating audiences worldwide via live events, online webcasts and through third-party articles
USANA’s social team was named Best Social Media Team in the 2014 PR News Social Media Icon Awards, beating out such companies as Cisco and Lockheed Martin. I have been named Social Media Professional of the Year (2014), Digital Communicator of the Year (2010) and Blogger of the Year (2010) by PR News.
Prior to joining USANA, I worked as a reporter and editor in traditional and new media. I received a bachelor’s degree in communications from Westminster College and earned a master’s in journalism from the University of California at Berkeley.
When I’m not working, I enjoy cheering for the 2016 World Series champion Chicago Cubs, reading nonfiction and spending time with my wife (Amy) and dog (Wrigley). I am an avid homebrewer and craft beer enthusiast.